Pain is defined as an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience
arising from actual or potential tissue damage.
At the Pain Clinic
of Monterey Bay (PCMB) our goal is to assist patients in maximizing
their pain management strategies by treating both the sensory and emotional
components of pain to improve their overall quality of life.
To achieve this
goal we use a variety of procedural, psychological, and medication interventions
in concert with the treatment strategies provided by the referring physicians.
Pain Conditions Treated
Pain conditions treated include but are not limited to the following:
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic back pain including post spinal surgery syndrome, chronic lumbar radiculitis, facet syndrome, chronic spinal stenosis, and chronic sacroilitis.
- Chronic abdominal and pelvic pain including chronic pancreatitis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes (CRPS) including Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Chronic neuropathic pain disorders including post herpetic neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, diabetic neuralgia, and posttraumatic neuralgia.
- Chronic myofacial pain.
- Chronic headaches including migraines, tension, and cervicogenic headaches